We’re in the 21st Century folks and the education landscape is changing! The links below are to articles or websites that discuss some of the ways that technology is being used to expand the school experience. Feel free to share your thoughts below and who knows, we might have some of these pop into class as well!
- How to Launch a Successful BYOD Program
- BYOD stands for “bring your own device” and it is one of the newest growing trends in education. This article follows how a district in Texas implemented the program which shows students how to be responsible digital citizens.
- Four Reasons Why School Tablet Rollouts Can Stumble – Or Fail
- Yes it’s exciting to give every student a laptop or tablet, but this article points out that they do present some challenges and are best introduced with an educational plan.
- Will Free Online Textbooks Become a Reality for California College Students?
- A bill has been proposed which would allow students to save money on textbooks that could be customized by their professors. (Note: Online textbooks can already be created by teachers through programs such as iTunes U.)