As happens periodically, today was an iPad Mini day. Thus, below the horizontal line are the instructions that were provided to students during class.
- Read for 30 minutes.
- Study for tomorrow’s vocabulary quiz.
- Study for tomorrow’s poetry test.
- Remember: All poems need to be posted toPadlet (andKidBlog) by tomorrow to make sure it can be included in the poetry magazine.
- (Parents: Please note that I am compiling the poetry the the students have submitted so that it can be included in a poetry magazine that will be available in digital form. Those final details are forthcoming.)
Today you will be moving through modified tech-based throughout today’s class.
Activity 1: Vocabulary (10 minutes) and Web Quest Review (10 minutes)
- Task A: Vocabulary
- Choose one of the vocabulary activities below to help you study for tomorrow’s quiz:
- Task B: Web Quest
- On your iPad, follow the instructions on the Web Quest at the link below. Be prepared to share your answers if asked.
Activity 2: Poetry Kahoot!
- When directed to do so, log on to http://kahoot.it.
- Enter in the game pin being displayed on the board and quietly await further instructions.
- Good Luck!
- The winning player will receive REP bucks.
- The person with the highest score of all four classes will receive 5 bonus points on his or her poetry test.
Activity 3: Poetry Jeopardy
- At this point, you should have put your iPad Mini back into its spot in the cart.
- Next, you will be divided up into color-coded teams.
- Good luck!
- Whichever team receives the highest number of points in class will win REP bucks.
- The team with the highest score out of all four classes will receive 5 bonus points on their poetry test.