In today’s classes, the students embarked on a self-directed study in the Media Center to reinforce the key points of expository writing and to help them study for their approaching vocabulary unit test. Directly from my lesson plans, the students’ exact instructions are below:
- Option #1: The students will be permitted to use class time to work on their Vocabulary from Classical Roots Unit 2 Quiz (lessons 5-8). This activity will be required for students who have score below a 70% on any of the quizzes for this unit. Those students will be permitted to use the computers to complete practice quizzes. They will then be permitted to do either Option #2 or Option #3.
- Option #2: The students will be permitted to browse the selection of books in the Media Center for checkout. Upon selecting a book, the students may either read that book silently, or work on either Option#1 or Option #3.
- Option #3: The students will conduct research for the purpose of their Genius Hour projects. They must produce a KidBlog post or an update to their annotated bibliographies by the end of class.
- Tomorrow is anotherBYOD/Genius Hour work day.
- It is the responsibility of the student bringing any electronic device to safeguard that electronic device.
- The Vocabulary from Classical Roots Unit #2 Test will be on Friday, December 5th, 2014.
- Genius Hour Projects will be due by Friday, December 12th, 2014.
- NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- Early work will be accepted starting on Monday, December the 8th, 2014.
- Read for 30 minutes.
- Finish whatever tasks were not finished in class today.
- Continue working on Genius Hour Projects.