Instead of your typical Halloween costumes, today ECMS celebrated this fun holiday with a fundraiser. For a nominal fee, you could pay to wear pajamas to school! I could not resist this opportunity to don some of the comfy Christmas gifts I had gotten from my favorite grandmothers. Needless to say, it was a very laid-back and comfortable day in all classes.
Once class started, I reminded the students of what needed to have been completed up to this point. They were to have:
- finished brainstorming,
- identified a topic of study,
- crafted a driving question, and
- started (or completed) their research proposal.
- All research proposals must be done by Monday, November 3rd, 2014.
I then took a moment to show them how to begin work on their annotated bibliographies that will also be posted onto their KidBlog accounts. The students will need to have started their annotated bibliographies by Friday, November 7th, 2014.
The students had the rest of time in class to work on their Genius Hour projects. I made sure to consult with as many students as possible to check on their progress.
- Read for 60 minutes.
- Continue work on Genius Hour project.
- Have a safe and happy Halloween!!