Today we continued learning about one another by laying down the foundation for a strong, family-like, and safe classroom environment. The students created an “Instant Grab Bag” where they chose three items of whatever they brought with them to class to represent themselves. Each student then took the time to present these items to the class.
Thereafter, each student then wrote a letter himself or herself where the following questions were used to prompt their thoughts:
- From this point onward, what do you want to accomplish?
- Who do you wish to become?
- Where do you see yourself going in life?
- What are your fears?
If the students were unable to finish these in class, they were to complete their letters for homework. The letters will NOT be read by me, and will be returned to them at the end of the school year.
PowerPoint: 8.7.14 Laying the Foundation
- Bring inBYOD form if it has not already been submitted.
- The students are being encouraged to bring in their own devices for brief use in class tomorrow, however that will be at his or her own risk as the school nor I will be responsible for any electronic devices brought to school by students.
- Complete the Interest Inventory by 4:15 tomorrow (Friday, August 8th, 2014)