What a busy week this has been!
On Friday, the students took a quiz on brainstorming, TAPP, and clauses. Overall, the students did well. These scores will be used to determine the students’ groups and pairings for next week’s activities.
Once the students finished, they had the opportunity to begin brainstorming on a topic of their choice from the ones below (1st and 2nd periods did not have the opportunity to do this):
1. Should state colleges be free to attend?
2. Should all American citizens have to complete a year of community service?
3. Should students be required to take Spanish classes?
4. Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
5. Should the driving age be raised to twenty-one?
6. Should immigrants who came to the U.S. illegally be given legal status if they have been here for a certain number of years? (this one was created by a student in 2nd period)
The plan right now is for these brainstormed ideas to serve as the basis for a writing assignment next week.
HOMEWORK: None. Have a wonderful weekend.
PowerPoint: 9-28-12 Assessment Day