After completing the quizzes on gerunds and prepositions (which took up a majority of the class period), we broke down the writing prompt given to first period on Friday. We just opted to do T, A, and P:
- Topic: Should kids do chores at home?
- Audience: adults in one’s family
- Purpose: to persuade
- 1st Period: Begin work on the week’s homework. Read for 30 minutes.
- 2nd, 6th, and 7th: Finish in-class essays.
- All classes: complete take-home quiz
PowerPoint: 9-24-12 Be Clause You’re Worth It!
In-Class Essay: (forthcoming)