On this rainy Friday, we took some time to take it easy in class…well sort of. The students began class with roughly ten minutes to review their vocabulary words once more (from lessons 1-4) before taking their Vocabulary from Classical Roots Unit test. This multiple-choice exam featured questions asking the students to choose the best word to complete a sentence, find synonyms, antonyms, and incorrect usage of their vocabulary words. As each student finished the test, he or she could then work on the argumentative writing essay we had previously begun in class. This essay is one we will complete, revise, edit, and publish in class.
- Read for 30 minutes.
- Extra Credit (10 pts to lowest quiz grade): Log onto KidBlog.org and join your class’ blog group. Follow the instructions below.
- Click on this link and enter your join code to begin the process: http://kidblog.org/signup/?stage=register-with-regcode
- Next, enter your FIRST NAME ONLY and your desired password.
- Click “Create Account.”
- You’re now ready to begin your online portfolio (more details about these next week).
- **3rd Period: Log onto http://kidblog.org/MsWilliamsGreenClass and enter your password.