Phew, the calendar finally freed up a little more to allow for me to update this blog with the information from the days I have missed. Here is a look at the lessons of October 23rd to the 26th.
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012
- The students learned about the Organizational Patterns that we use when writing essays. The ones we focused on were:
- Cause and Effect
- Comparison and Contrast
- Problem and Solution
- Chronological Order
- Logical Order
- 10-23-12 The Organization Station
Wednesday, October 24th, 2012
- The students continued their notes on Organizational Patterns
- 10-24-12 The Organization Station Part 2
Thursday, October 25th, 2012
- It took a bit longer than I had anticipated with the discussion of the different types of Organizational Patterns so the students finished their notes on this third day on the topic.
- 10-25-12 The Organization Station Part 3
Friday, October 26th, 2012
- The students participated in our weekly Quiz and Timed Writing Day. This was Quiz #10.
- 10-26-12 Quiz & Timed Writing Day